Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dear LFP Family,

There have been very few times in my life so far where I have looked back at one particular moment and felt immensely proud and confident in the decision I've made. 
I'm not really in the business of being proud of myself to be honest. 
But the day I sent in my application for LFP,
was the day I placed the first steps of the most remarkable journey into motion.
I had no idea what I was in for. 

A year before we met, 
I was terrified of you.
I was so afraid to leave my little Christian school and try to fit in with all of you.
You all seemed so much more qualified, 
So much more deserving of your place than I did. 
All of you are captains, founders, organizers.
Leaders.
Sure,
I'd met the"qualifications",
But I still felt so far from meeting the standard.

August 18, 2013
 rolled around and we all finally met for the first time.
Placed faces to names and trying desperately to remember them all.
Excited and scared,
completely unsure, 
yet ready.
In omnia paratus.
Ready for anything.

It's a good thing we were too! 
We had no idea how that first week would change, challenge, inspire, grow, and bond us. 
We learned to trust each other in ways that were foreign to most of us, 
and became close in so much less time than I even realized was possible.
Through trusting complete strangers to guide us, lift us, catch us, listen to us, work with us, unknot us, sing with us, and jump into this crazy experience together. 
Worship in the auditorium and the Great room, 
our voices unified and echoing strong, 
praising our beautiful Savior as one body, 
one family. 

I had no idea that first day how much all of you would mean to me. 
Each of you has touched my life in an irreversible and very real way.
You have shown me so much about myself.
I've grown beyond measure since being here.
God has worked tremendously through each of you

I love you dearly friends, 
Each and every one of you with every single piece of my heart.
LFP has utterly and irrevocable altered my life,
and each of you were a part of that. 
Thank you so much. 

We are a family.
And that means so much more to me than what I could ever tell you.
We will stand by each other through the storms that will inevitably come and devastate,
through the quite joyful moments spent amongst each other in comfort,
through times of chaos and complete confusion, 
through the big news, 
and the little blessings.
To keep each other from being stupid, 
and encouraging each other to sprint towards what we want,
uninhibited, 
and full speed ahead.
We are a family.
No one gets left behind, or forgotten. 

I have no special talents or gifts, 
except that I truly and genuinely care about people.
I am nothing more than a little girl who genuinely cares for, 
loves, 
and would do anything for you. 
I am so fearful I will leave this world leaving things unsaid. 
It is so important to speak whats on our hearts because you truly never know when you will be silenced evermore.

I believe in you all so much more than you know. 
Each and every one of you is such a clear EXCLAMATION of God’s majesty and glory!
I had no comprehension of how dearly I could care for a group of people.
I am tremendously blessed to have the PRIVILEGE of knowing each of you,
 and being able to say I am a part of this family.


Thank you so much.

With all my love, Meg 





No comments:

Post a Comment