Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dear Tumultuous Waves,

"He gave the sea its boundary 
so the waters would not overstep His command…" 
Proverbs 8:29

Lord God, 
How could I even begin to articulate your majesty?
Father, 
How could I even speak of your 
immense power?
Abba Father God, 
You are the master and creator of this entire,
crazy,
BEAUTIFUL 
cosmos! 
You are so much bigger than we could ever imagine or credit you to be, 
and God you want to use ME,
little me,
 For the work of your kingdom.

Your oceans God are vast beyond measure, 
Eons deep,
They rage and roar, 
Consuming all sound that dares to compete.
They do not concede to our control.
Nothing manmade can compete with the furious thrashing waves.
We are frightful of the depths,
And are wary of the mystery of what lies beneath their breaking crests.
The waves of your oceans God are such an exclamation of your power!
 And God we are fearful of it. 

But you Lord, 
You tell the ocean where to stop.
You have shown the sea its boundary and are God over all of your creation!
The waves of the water fold under your power! 
The water follows the waves of your voice,
And flows in the melody of your mercy.
You are greater than the raging seas, 
Your control God is so present! 

Lord help me remember that you are in control of the the tumultuous waves in my life. 
That I can hear your still small voice LOUDER than the deafening roar of the lies of the enemy,
 and the words of this disgusting, broken, sinful world! 
I can hear your sweet whispers above all of this, 
If only I choose to listen. 

Lord,
I am so small. 
I am weak.
I am helpless.
I am childlike.
I am broken.
I am inadequate.
I am sinful.
I am SELFISH.
But God, through all of that you will be made strong! You will be glorified! 
In my weakness your strength is magnified so far beyond what I can see! 
Through YOUR NAME God, 
I am redeemed.
I am accepted.
I am hopeful.
I am forgiven.
I am usable.
I am WANTED! 
I am clean.
I am made new.
God, you are 
making me NEW! 
Father God, 
I want so desperately 
to be used for the
work of your kingdom! 
I want you to work
 through me Lord God!
Break me Lord,
Fill me Lord to be emptied again! 
I stand in complete awe of your work.
Every day God, how can I do anything BUT PRAISE?

Father thank you for not only allowing me to rest in you through the midst of the the turmoil, 
Through the seemingly untamable and all consuming waves of anxiety, stress, and fear God,
But for allowing me to walk with you God upon the water.
In your name God, 
I can walk where feet fail, 
Above the burdens. 
I can tread upon that fear Lord because it is made into dust in your name! 
Help me keep my eyes on you Father.
Help me keep my eyes above the waves, 
Looking up, 
Trusting you with every single piece of my heart.
Without borders God. 
You limit the turmoil of the waves God, 
But help me not limit what you can do. 

Help me rejoice in the waves God! 
For when my feet fail, 
Your arms are there to carry me, 
And your strength is proved GREATER!

Thank you so much, Abba Father.

With all my love, Meg 



No comments:

Post a Comment