Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear 2013,

2013
You were beautiful.

This past year has taught me so much.
I've graduated from a wonderful school that I've called home 
for 13 years with people I consider family, 
Been accepted to my dream college and scholarship program, 
Fallen in love with academics and education all over again, 
Discovered a passion for writing,
Met people who have truly and permanently changed my life, 
Grown up, 
much too much,
 much too fast, 
Made some of the hardest choices of my life so far, 
Taken countless leaps of faith trusting God's ever abounding safety net to catch me, 
Learned more about myself than I ever could have dreamed, 
And have encountered true passion in it's purest form more times than I could possibly count. 

But most importantly, 
I've grown tremendously in my faith over the last year. 
There's nothing I want more than to be used for the work of His kingdom. 
I hope to look back, 
365 days from now,
Knowing I lived every day seeking after ways I could serve Him. 

I've struggled with allowing anxiety to overtake everything else in my life for a very long time. 
But I'm learning to be still, 
To listen, 
To trust God to take me where my faith is without borders.

As of right now, 
9:36 PM
December 31, 2013, 
I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. 
I don't know what I should major in, 
Or where God wants to use me. 
I don't know where I'm going, 
Or what exactly what I should be working towards in 2014.
What I do know,
I want more of you God. 


2013, 
you were incredible.
I've been blessed beyond measure. 
But honestly, 
you were about me. 
2014 will be about HIM. 

I'm so thankful for this past year and everyone who has touched it. 
Wishing you and your loved ones every happiness in this new year. 

With all my love, Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment